The stash block is a good way to encourage more interaction with activities and is invaluable for teachers looking to gamify their course. This plugin introduces a block that shows students items that they have picked up through the course. The teacher can create items and then place them in activities and resources for students to find. Items can be set to be collected once and encourages exploration of the course material. It is also possible to set an item to have an unlimited supply from a set location. This could encourage students to return to specific areas to collect more items.
Stash offers gamification of any kind of resources and activities created in Moodle. A student can collect items as he/she reads a resource or completes an activity. The student will see the Stash block on the course page and he will be able to see his inventory.
Guidelines for Installation
In order to install this plugin in Moodle you need to have administrative rights on the platform.
- Download the plugin from https://moodle.org/plugins/block_stash
- Login in Moodle with site wide administrative rights
- Click on Site Administration
- Select the Plugins tab
- Click on Install Plugins
- Under the “Install plugin from ZIP file” click on Choose file and from the File Piker window click on Choose file.
- In the window titled “Open” navigate to the folder where the zipped file is located (that is the zipped file you downloaded in step 1) and click on Open
- Finally, click on install plugin from the zipped file and follow the steps.
Important Note: For this plugin to work you also need to install 2 additional plugins
Repeat the steps above to install these 2 addtional plugins.
Official Website and link to download
Platform for Development
Gamification of activities in Moodle