IO2: i-CONTENT INTERACTIVITY
IO2.3 - Guide of applications for interactive content
Jigsaw Planet is a website which contains free digital jigsaw puzzles that can be assembled using any device with a web browser. With the website users can upload their own images and create a digital jigsaw puzzle that can be shared with others.
- Ability to select a jigsaw puzzle format and the number of pieces.
- Jigsaw puzzles can be published on the website or blog without the necessity to register.
- Ability to upload own images and create digital jigsaw puzzles that can be used for educational purposes.
- Ability to share with students the link to previously created digital jigsaw puzzles.
- Ability to share jigsaw puzzles in the game format – students compete with each other and the first of them to read out the word displayed in the image scores a point.
Fig. 9. Sample Jigsaw Planet puzzle view
Source: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=33b770b1b4b3 [access: 08/11/2021]
Lots of options for creating puzzles for free.
Website design is very outdated and is visually unappealing.
Possibility to create jigsaw puzzles in many different variants, easy to use.
Relatively infrequent updating of the plug-in, which could make it less competitive.
Guidelines for Installation
In the WordPress navigation dashboard go to the ‘Plug-ins’ tab and then click on the ‘Add a plug-in’ button.
- In the browser enter: ‘Jigsaw Planet.’
- Click on the ‘Install’ button to install the plug-in.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button to activate the plug-in.
Installation in WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plug-ins/jigsaw-planet/#installation
Official Website and link to download
Platform for Development
- Compatibility with the CMS: through the WordPress platform.
- Compatible with the LSM: content management, quiz creation.